Apple & Sage Sausage Rolls
A scrumptious treat, so tasty and so easy. Loved by all the family.
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 450g, pork sausage meat (your butcher will have this or else just get sausages and remove them from the casings)
- Bunch of fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 apple peeled and finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a bowl mix the pork with the sage, salt and pepper, and diced apple. In a small bowl beat the egg and milk together.
- Unfold both puff pastry sheets and cut each into thirds.
- Divide the pork mixture into 6 equal parts.
- Place the sausage meat mixture onto the centre of pastry strips, equal to the length of the puff pastry strip.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg and milk mixture. Wrap the puff pastry around the sausage. Lightly press the seams to seal. Brush the top of each roll with the egg and milk mixture.
- Cut each roll into 8 pieces, you can do larger, it all depends on what you like yourself.
- Place the sausage rolls about an inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.