Smoked Salmon Wreath
I found a delicious way to serve up your smoked salmon for Christmas!
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, core removed
- 3 limes
- 2 green shallots, trimmed
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 250g cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 200g (1 bunch) radishes, trimmed, washed, thinly sliced
- 400g sliced smoked salmon
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Crème fraîche, to serve
- Salmon roe, to serve
- Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
- Micro herbs, to serve
- Crackers or bread, to serve
- Very thinly slice the fennel lengthways. Place in a bowl with the juice of 1 lime. Add a pinch of salt, toss to combine and set aside to pickle.
- Cut shallots into 8cm lengths and thinly slice lengthways. Place in a bowl of iced water for 2-3 minutes or until lightly curled. Drain well and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Roughly mash the avocados in a bowl. Add the juice from the remaining limes, season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange avocado in a heaped circle around the edge of a large plate. Arrange pickled fennel, cucumber, radish, shallot and salmon over the top. Drizzle with oil and season with pepper. Dollop on crème fraîche and salmon roe.
- Scatter with the dill and micro herbs. Serve immediately with crackers or bread
Recipe sourced from Taste Australia