Honestly, this is a favourite go-to for any day but especially if I’ve overindulged. It so filling and satisfying and not to forget utterly delicious!!
This recipe serves 2
- 200 g cooked quinoa
- 100 g mushrooms
- ½ small red chilli deseeded
- 1 small clove garlic
- Small piece fresh ginger
- 2 scallions/ spring onions
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 40g edamame beans
- Bunch of kale/spinach
- A handful of mangetout (blanched)
- 1 small carrot
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ a fresh mango
- Juice of qrt lemon
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 eggs boiled for 6-7 min then cooled fully in cold water
- Hummus of choice
- Cook quinoa according to pack instructions. Once cooked leave in the pan with the lid on.
- Chop mushrooms into bite-size pieces. Finely chop the garlic, scallions, ginger and chilli
- Heat a medium-size non-stick pan over high heat. Once hot add a drop of water to the pan (no oil for this recipe!) add the garlic, ginger, chilli and scallion to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, add the soy sauce and cook for a further 1 minute until and season with pepper.. Set aside.
- In another pan heat high, add a drop of water again and add the kale and edamame. Season and cook for a few minutes.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop the avocado from the skin onto a board, slice.
- Peel and dice the mango
- Peel the carrot, then using the peeler, peel into long thin strips.
- Break up the quinoa using a fork and add the lemon. Add some pepper and stir.
- To build your Poke bowl, divide the quinoa between the 2 bowls, do the same with the mushrooms.
- Add the avocado, carrots, edamame, mange tout, mango and egg between the bowls and place a tablespoon of hummus in the centre.
- I also sprinkle mine with some seeds or milled brown flaxseed if you have it! Great for the gut!!