Walnut & Cinnamon Banana Bread
Probably one of the most baked recipes in the past number of years!!! This is my spin on the popular banana bread. Delicious, nutty banana bread with a little hint of cinnamon.
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 115g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 150g light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 80g plain yoghurt
- 2-4 ripe bananas (I had 2 when making this as I was using up ingredients in the house and it had a lovely flavour but by all means add another few if you have them.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 100g chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Set aside
- Keep some slices of banana and nuts aside for decoration.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- At medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mash up the banana with a fork.
- Beat in the yoghurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract into the mixture until combined.
- Sieve in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together and mix at low speed, until no flour pockets remain.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle a few chopped nuts and slices of banana on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Loosely cover the bread with parchment paper after 30 minutes to help prevent the top and sides from getting too brown.
- After 60 min check with a skewer in the centre of the loaf. If it comes out clean its done.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the tin on a wire rack.
I love to serve mine up warm with a little bit of butter. Also gorgeous with some honey.
Cover and store banana bread at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.