Vegetable Broth Soup
- 1 onion diced finely
- 1 leek sliced finely
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 2 carrots sliced finely
- Bunch broccoli (or green veg of your choice) chopped
- Bunch spinach
- Chilli flakes
- 1 red chilli (optional for that extra punch)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 ltr Veg or chicken stock
*If you want some extra carb in this then add 1 potato diced into cubes.
- Put a pan on low heat and add a tbls oil. Add onion and sweat for 5 minutes, add leek and garlic and sweat for a further 5 min. Add carrot (if using potato add at this time also), sweat for a further 5 minutes. Add in salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Add in stock, I use my own homemade chicken stock but good quality veg or chicken stock cube works just as well. Bring to boil, add in green veg (Not spinach) and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste and season if necessary.
- Put spinach in a serving bowl and pour in a few good ladles of the veg broth soup.
- Top with some sliced fresh chilli for that extra spice if you wish.