A super healthy, super nutritious, super delicious salad!
- Mix leaves that includes kale and spinach (be sure to buy local to ensure freshness and support local)
- Nutritious grain such as pearly barley, quinoa, bulgur wheat etc.
- Scallions chopped
- Seeds and nuts (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, pistachio)
- Dried fruit, I used figs but cranberries, dates, raisins apricots etc.
- Wild garlic pesto (You can use other pestos but I like this one especially when in season)
- Olive oil
- Cook the grains as required, drain and cool
- Wash and dry leaves and put in a bowl
- Mix the pesto and olive oil together and cover the leaves ensuring dressing is mixed fully through
- Add the grains and scallions and mix through
- Top with nuts and dried fruit
This is gorgeous on its own or add some goats cheese or as a side for dinner.