Smoked Salmon Platter with Crème Fraîche and Fennel Salad
This delicious smoked salmon platter served with horseradish Crème Fraîche and Fennel Salad is delicious for any occasion. I love to serve this at Christmas on homemade brown soda bread as a pre-dinner nibble with a glass of bubbles.
Good quality smoked salmon combined with a gorgeous salad and dressing is always a winner when you have guests. This is a very simple recipe but so delicious. Make sure you do use the best of ingredients for this one.
- 120 g sour cream
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1tsp horseradish sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp small fresh dill sprigs
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 baby fennel bulb, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 100g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300g sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tsp drained baby capers
- crackers or brown soda bread to serve
- Combine sour cream, lemon rind, lemon juice, horseradish sauce and half the dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining dill.
- Place onion, fennel and sprouts in a bowl. Drizzle with oil. Toss to coat. Place fennel mixture on a platter. Place smoked salmon on a platter. Sprinkle with capers.
To serve you can either have everything on a platter with bread and crackers on side or else arrange small pieces of brown bread topped with a little bit of everything ready to be eaten,