Saffron and Cauliflower Soup
- 500ml chicken stock
- 500ml milk
- 2 decent pinches saffron
- 1 large cauliflower
- Knob of butter
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Good quality sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Bring milk and stock to the boil in a pan. Add saffron and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add cauliflower and bring the temperature to a low simmer
- Cook for 10 min
- Take out a few florets and set aside for topping.
- Blend remainder ( you might need to do this in 2 batches)
- Return to pan, add a bit more saffron and season well.
- Melt butter in a separate pan until foaming, add the florets you set aside and brown on either side. Toss through the chopped parsley.
- Ladle a few spoons of the soup into a bowl, top with some of the pan-fried florets on top and drizzle a bit of olive oil and saffron.
This is so incredibly simple, tastes amazing and looks fantastic in the bowl. I had mine for lunch but this could be a lovely starter for a dinner party! 🙂