Roasted Root Veg and Quinoa Salad
This is a brilliant lunch dish, full of goodness and really tasty.
- 2 parsnips, halved and cut lengthways
- 2 carrots halved and cut lengthways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil and some extra for veg
- 2 tablespoon good quality honey
- Large handful of fresh rocket
- 1 heaped teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- Small handful walnuts nuts halved
- 50g quinoa
- 150ml water
- 25 g blue cheese ( I used Cashel Blue for mine)
- Preheat oven at 180C/350F
- Put the cut parsnips and carrots into a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for approx 30 min.
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve for about 30 seconds. Add the grains and water to a saucepan on medium heat uncovered. When it starts to boil decrease heat to low. Once all water absorbed, this does not take long, take off the heat and cover quinoa for 5 min to steam. Fluff up with a fork and keep aside.
- For the dressing blend honey, mustard and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- emove vegetables from the oven and allow them to cool fully.
- In a bowl, add the rocket, veg, walnuts, quinoa and dressing, mix together and put out onto a serving dish and crumble on some blue cheese
- Serve immediately.
Gorgeous on its own or a side with some fish or chicken.