Lamb Salad With Mint And Pea Israeli Couscous
Lemon yoghurt dressing
- 2 Tbsp Natural yoghurt
- ½ zest of lemon
- 2Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely sliced
- 125g Israeli couscous (pearl couscous)
- 250ml Veg stock,
- 2 or 3 tbsp Fresh milt, chopped
- 60g peas
- 2 Tbsp butter
For the Lemon yoghurt dressing
Combine all ingredients and put aside
- Rub the lamb with the spices.
- I used lamb chops, grilled for a few min on each side and sliced them however you can use whatever piece of lamb you prefer. Make sure you cook it correctly and it should be nice and pink when sliced
- Bring a medium saucepan of veg stock to a boil. Add the Israeli couscous and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain the Israeli couscous, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the saucepan. Add the chopped garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened. Add the peas and toss to coat. Add the couscous, the remaining tablespoon of butter and 1 cup of the couscous cooking liquid and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the couscous and peas are tender. Season the couscous and peas with salt and pepper and stir in the mint.
- To assemble, arrange the couscous, followed by the slices of lamb on top. Spoon over the yoghurt dressing.
Delicious and simple!