Honey Roasted Carrot, Cumin and Coriander Soup
- 800g carrots, diced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Bunch fresh coriander
- 800 ml chicken/veg stock
- Sea Salt
- Natural yoghurt
- Chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Lightly brush carrots with olive oil, season with sea salt and pepper and spoon honey over.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer on a baking tray, and roast for 1
hour. Remove from oven and set aside.
- As the carrots roast, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Cook the onion for 10 minutes, or until soft and starting to colour. Add cumin and garlic, and cook additional 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add carrots to the pot, along with the stock (I used the chicken stock I made over the weekend). Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Blitz in a blender until smooth.
- Add fresh coriander and blitz for a few seconds.
- Taste and season if necessary.
- Mix yoghurt, cumin and coriander in a bowl and stir through soup before serving. (optional)