Green Quinoa Salad
- 120g quinoa per to 300ml veg stock (you can use water but the veg stock really adds flavour)
- 100g green beans
- 80g sugar snap peas
- 50g garden peas
- Tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 70g Feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- Rinse the quinoa and then put in a pot and bring the boil in veg stock. Simmer for 20 min covered
- Take off heat and leave for 10 min uncovered
- There should be no liquid, if there is, drain it. Fork up and put in a large mixing bowl
- Cook some garden peas for approx 5 min
- Blanch green beans and sugar snap peas
- Cool with cold water, drain and add to quinoa
- Add lemon, mint, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, parsley, mint and chilli flakes
- Add crumbled feta and some black pepper.
- Mix together and serve
Serve this with some gorgeous lamb which is perfect this time of the year or with fish or chicken.
*Remember you can add or take the amount of greens, chilli and feta I used for your own taste. You can also change up the amount of Quinoa, remember when quinoa is 2.5 times liquid to amount of quinoa.