Deliciously Simple Tomato Soup
- 800g tomatoes cut in half.
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion cut into large chunks
- extra virgin olive oil
- Bunch of basil leaves, torn
- 500ml chicken/veg stock
- 1 tsp sugar
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put the tomatoes, garlic and onion on a baking tray season with good quality sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with olive oil and mix all ingredients together to ensure the oil has covered all the ingredients
- Roast in a pre-heated oven for 15/20 minutes.
- Tip the tomatoes into a large pan with the fresh basil leaves and sugar and mix together to infuse.
- Pour the chicken/veg stock in over the tomatoes saucepan and place over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked let cool slightly and blend together.
- Serve up with a drizzle of basil oil or a little bit of basil pesto 🙂