Curried Pumpkin Soup
- 1 whole pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves Garlic ( go less if you prefer but I love the garlic flavour)
- 1 teaspoon good curry paste (I make my own but any good paste such as red curry paste will do)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to season
- Vegetable stock, (1 ltr)
- if you don’t have veg stock then use a cube or paste. (I use a vegetable stock paste that is from an organic farm) 1 tsp of paste is equivalent to 1 stock cube and add a ltr of boiled water.
- fresh coriander and a spoon of natural yoghurt to finish.
- Chop onion and garlic finely and sauté on low heat in a large pan with some oil
- Add in chilli paste and cook on low heat for 5 minutes
- Chop up pumpkin roughly add to the pan and add cumin, salt and sugar.
- Pour in veg stock, bring to boil and simmer on very low heat for 45 min covered.
- Let cool for a bit then blend for 5 min until creamy.
- Dress with fresh coriander and some natural yoghurt.
I used no cream or coconut milk in this. It has an earthier taste but does not need cream or milk! So try it without, I promise you won’t regret it!!