Cranberry Sauce is delicious served with roast turkey, game and some pâtés.
It will keep in your fridge for several weeks.
- 175g (6oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 60ml water
- 75g (3oz) granulated sugar
- Put the fresh cranberries in heavy-based stainless steel or cast-iron saucepan with the water Bring them to the boil, cover and simmer until the cranberries pop and soften for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- When cool put into sealed steralised jars.
Serve warm or cold.
FYI: Fresh cranberries keep for weeks on end but also freeze perfectly.