Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
A simple and delightful treat for you and all the family. I always have healthy homemade treats in the cookie jar and this is definitely a favourite for all!
2 tbls chia seeds
2 tbls honey
100g dark chocolate
½ tsp baking powder
50g hazelnuts (you can use almonds too)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- First, roast the hazelnuts in a preheated oven for 10 min. They should be nicely browned. Take out and wrap in a tea towel rubbing the to remove the skin. Chop coarsely. *If using almonds you do not need to roast just chop coarsely.
- Chop up chocolate coarsely. I used 70% dark chocolate. You can use whatever chocolate you prefer, i just find the dark chocolate to be tastier and healthier!
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl including the chopped hazelnuts.
- Blend up the bananas and egg.
- Pour into the dry mix along with honey and fold together to get a slightly wet mixture.
- Put a baking sheet on a tray.
- Use a tablespoon to spoon out onto the baking sheet and shape into rounds.
- I got 18 cookies out of the mixture.
- Put in oven for 20min.
Hey presto, delicious healthy, yummy treats!