Easy Apple Cake
This delicious apple cake is so easy to make, and a great way to use up excess apples.
- 100g flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 large or 3 medium eggs
- 150g sugar
- 3 tbsp rum (optional)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 110g unsalted very soft butter
- A square pyrex dish or similar
- Preheat oven at 180
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl
- Half melt the butter in a small saucepan on a very low heat
- In your mixer whisk eggs until foamy, add sugar and whisk until really creamy
- whisk in rum and vanilla
- Slowly whisk in half flour mix and half butter mix and whisk
- Fold in apples
- Transfer mixture to a greased pyrex dish and cook for 40 minutes
- After 40 minutes cover the top with parchment paper and cook for a further 10 min.
- Check with a skewer or knife that it is cooked the whole way through, if it needs more time put it back in for another 10. (this all depends on your oven)
- Once cooked take out and place on a cooling rack. I usually make this earlier in the day before tucking in also gorgeous the next day served with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.