Roasted Asparagus with Blue Cheese Toppings
A very simple way to enjoy your asparagus!
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic sliced
- salt and pepper
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 200C
- In a baking tray. lay out the asparagus sprinkle with sea salt, sliced garlic and drizzle with olive oil
- Give the pan a few good shakes to coat the asparagus evenly with oil
- Cook for 10 min
- Take out and put on a serving plate and sprinkle with blue cheese
This is delicious served as a side. I had mine with a lemon and pepper marinated baked breast of chicken. The combination of flavours was fantastic.
Health Benefits of Asparagus
- High in folate providing 175mcg of the 200mcg you need a day
- Source of vitamin C, which contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Naturally low in fat
- Naturally low in calories
- Naturally high in fibre
- A high protein food as 46% of its calories comes from protein, which contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass and normal bones.