Wild Garlic Pesto
This is my new wild garlic pesto recipe. I make 3 times this amount to get 6 jars to share around.
You can use all wild garlic and no spinach if you wish but after testing the recipe multiple times I find the mix I use works really well.
I’ve had many of my family test and they also agree!!
Wild garlic can be found in most woodlands so head out and get some for yourself and make this recipe.
- 100g Wild garlic, washed and dried
- 50g spinach, washed and dried
- 50g cashew nuts (you can also use pine nuts however I prefer cashew)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice qtr lemon
- 200ml good quality extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 50g finely grated parmesan
- Do each recipe in 2 batches
- Put all ingredients into a food processor besides the parmesan cheese. Whizz up to get a nice consistency.
- Use a spatula to put the mix into a bowl then scatter the parmesan cheese on top. DO NOT MIX THROUGH YET.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 until all ingredients have been used up
- Then fold through until all the parmesan is fully combined.
- At this stage taste and add extra oil, salt or parmesan as you see fit.
When I made 3 times the recipe I added an extra 100ml of olive oil and an extra 40g parmesan and a pinch more of sea salt.
Delicious with crackers, fish, steak, eggs, in a sambo or whatever else you like to put your pesto on!!