Spinach and Goats Cheese Puffs
A delicious goats cheese and spinach filled pastry treat. Perfect for lunch or a party at home.
- 400g spinach
- 250g soft goats cheese
- Bunch of chopped fresh parsley
- Bunch scallions chopped finely
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 400°F/200C.
- Wilt the spinach and then squeeze out all the excess water using a muslin cloth or clean tea towel
- Mix all filling ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll puff pastry to 12×12 inches; cut into 12 (4×3-inch) rectangles.
- Divide filling evenly among each rectangle
- Bring corners of pastry together, overlapping in the centre.
- Brush tops with beaten egg mixture.
- Place on a baking tray that is lined with parchment paper
- Bake 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.