Chickpea and Potato Vegan Curry
Chickpea and Potato Vegan Curry with Spinach and Broccoli
This is one of my favourite Curry’s, it’s so easy to make and packed full of flavour.
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger grated
- Green or red chilli
- 1 tbsp curry powder, I use a local spice company powder blend, you’ll no doubt have your own favourite
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp smoked ground paprika
- 3 to 4 large ripe tomatoes chopped (You can also use a 400g tin chopped tomatoes)
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 good sized potatoes
- ½ head of fresh broccoli
- 100g spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- small bunch of coriander
- zest and juice of a lime
- Firstly peel and chop the potatoes and steam them for about 10 min, and then let them sit to the side.
- I don’t use any oils in this curry, I put 2 to 3 tbsp water into a pan on medium to low heat, add the onion, ginger, chilli and garlic to the pan. Cook for about 5 min on a low heat
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk along with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add chickpeas and broccoli.
- Cook on low heat for 10 min.
- Chop the coriander and add to the pan along with the lime zest.
- MIx in the spinach and let sit covered off the heat for 5 min
- Add the lime juice, season to taste.
I don’t serve this with rice but by all means, feel free to do so!