No tahini Beetroot hummus
I love Having hummus in the fridge to go with my salads during the week.
This hummus is utterly delicious.
The below made 3 small jars, enough to share around with family or just eat it all yourself!!
This is best served that day but will last in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- 1 X 400g tin chickpeas
- 1-2 roasted beets
- 100g natural yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 clove garlic
- Good pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 180C. Clean your beets and cut each beetroot into 4-6 wedges and arrange in a large roasting tin. Season well, pour over some oil and toss together so all the beetroot is thoroughly coated. Roast for approx. 25 mins.
- Cool the beetroot fully.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well
- Put in food processor
- Add yoghurt, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt and garlic and blend for a few minutes
- Add the beetroot and coriander and blend until a smooth consistency
- Serve with a sprinkle of feta, some pine nuts and chopped coriander.
Lovely with your salads, as a dip for celery or on some crackers.
I’ve also another delicious hummus recipe further down my page that you might like. Basil and cumin, also no tahini.