Prawn Fried Rice
Honestly one of the nicest Fried Rice dishes I’ve made! This dish is full of fresh ingredients and rich flavours. The perfect comfort food that is delicious and healthy!
Serves 2 (add more ingredients for extra people)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced finely
- 1 carrot, peeled, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100g Chopped bacon
- Pinch of salt
- 12 prawns, peeled,
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing cooking wine or Mirin
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Dried chilli
- Cook the rice as per instructions
- Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add oil and stir fry the onion, carrot, garlic and bacon with a good pinch of salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Preheat another smaller frying pan over medium/high heat and add oil and cook the prawns, seasoning lightly. Set aside.
- Add the Shaoxing wine to the wok pan and let evaporate then add the rice and stir fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the oyster and soy sauce along with the peas and the shallots and cook for another minute.
- In the pan you cooked the prawns in, add some oil and heat.
- Whisk the egg well and add to the hot pan, this will cook pretty quickly. Fold over and leave sit off the heat.
- Chop up the egg and add to fried rice.
- Mix through
- To serve, spoon the fried rice onto 2 plates, top with the cooked prawns, chilli, sesame seeds and microgreens.