Lime & Elderflower Cheesecake
This is such a beautiful dessert, an easy no-bake full of summer flavours and goes down a treat with everyone.
Elderflower is everywhere waiting to be picked during June and July so you won’t have any issues finding it.
You will need to make your elderflower cordial the day before, find the recipe here
You can also buy the cordial but I much prefer to make mine so I have it to go with many other recipes during the next few months.
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
- 450g full fat cream cheese
- 150ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 3 tbs caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2tbs elderflower cordial
- You will need a 20cm loose bottom tin for this, this makes life so much easier taking your cheesecake out. Springform also works well.
- Crush the biscuits, I use my food processor for this.
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and spread over the bottom of the tin pressing down.
- Wash the lemon and grate the skin using a fine grater or use a zester. Place this zest together with the cream cheese, caster sugar and lime juice in a food processor and mix well.
- Then slowly add the cream and elderflower cordial until it is a smooth thick paste.
- Spread this mixture on the biscuit base and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours, I keep mine in the fridge overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the cheesecake with the zest of the lime and some petals from the elderflower.