Black Pudding & Pork Sausage Rolls
Who doesn’t love a sausage roll? I’ve played around with a number of different ingredients and this recipe is definitely my favourite.
- 320-350g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 400g good quality sausage meat
- 200g skinned and chopped black pudding
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Apple grated
- 50g finely chopped toasted walnuts
- A big pinch of ground mace or nutmeg
- A big pinch of salt and lots of pepper
- 1free-range beaten eggs
- Unroll the pastry and cut it in half lengthways.
- Roll out to get extra length
- Mix the sausage meat with the black pudding, rosemary, walnuts, grated apple and mace (or nutmeg if using) salt and pepper.
- Mix well with your hands then shape into 2 cylinders the same length as the pastry strips.
- Lay a cylinder down the centre of each strip, brush one long edge with the beaten egg, fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together, then crimp with a fork and seal.
- Cut each one into 10 equal lengths. Put on a baking paper-lined baking tray and brush with more beaten egg.
- Bake at 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for 25/30 minutes or until puffed up and richly golden.
- Cool for 5 min and serve warm